Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Fox¦s Influence Factor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcruzz01

Geotechnical
Oct 26, 2012
HN
Can someone share a spreadsheet with Fox's formula to calculate "If" or send me the original paper ("The mean elastic settlement of a uniformly loaded area at a depth below the ground surface"?)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have the graph, make your own spreadsheet. Fox's or any other "graph" shouldn't be used as if it is good for 3 or 4 decimal places. . . . or make a nice personal request to Mccoy and he may provide a spreadsheet to you. I cannot pass it on without his permission - same with the paper although it is an old one. You could google Polous and Davis Elastic Solutions for Soil and Rock Mechanics - it can be downloaded on line and they have several pages on it.

Icruzz, I'm not sure I sill have a working spreadsheet it's perfectly all right if bigH shares the spreadsheet even because I'll be able to retrieve mine, lol.
However, there are more recent and convenient ways to allow for foundations embedment in settlements like Mayne & Poulos' article. If you wish indications on how to find the original article By Fox pls write me, you can find my email in my website indicated at the bottom.
BigH's reference is the best for solutions with layered soil models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back