Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frames - How to miter a non-corner location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchero

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2003
US
I have downloaded a trial copy of SE 4. I am very interested in the frames enviroment. In trying to do some simple frames to understand the functions, I have come to a standstill in trying to miter the middle box tube in the attached file. I have spent a couple of hours trying different approaches and looked in the help files for some guidence. I have not found how or an example of how to do what I am trying to do. First, is this possible to do? And if so, can someone shed a little light. I appreciate any input that can be provided.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ranchero
For this type of condition you will need to have all the sections in the same select set. Either start again but this time select all of the sketch lines, or, right click on Frame_1 in the tree and right click select "edit definition", then click on the "Frame-select path step" button and select the diagonal line to include in the select set.

When you then want the inside of the box section of the outer frame to follow the sketch, right click on Frame_1 in the tree and right click select "edit definition", then click on the "Frame-modify cross section" button, all the cross sections will highlight so click the red "X" to unselect them and just select the 4 outer end sections. Select the point you want to follow the sketch and select the tick. This should give what you want.

It is all pretty cryptic workflow but the actual tool works well.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back