Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Body Results interpertation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel1978

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2008
NL
Hello,

I wonder how the "Free body Results" in NX works. I would like to know all the acting forces on a surface or a random chosen intersection. I heard this should be possible with this function.
But when I calculate a bar with a tension force I don't get the same force on a cross-section in the bar. I just found out that the type of elements has affect on the results. With 3D-tet I get wrong results and with 3D-swept the results are good.
So, why do I not get the right force on the cross-section with 3D-tet elements? (the applied force is 1000N and the FBR gives me 665N on the surface)

Finally I would like to use these derived forces for calculating the height needed for a weld seam. So in fact I don't necessarily need the forces at each cross-section but preferably at places where plates are glued together. Therefore I need shear and pull forces and the moments on the weld seam.

See attached some pics of what I did.

Groeten, Michel

I use NX10
HP Z420 Intel Xeon 3.2GHz
Quadro K4000 3GB
64GB Memory
Windows 7, 64-bit

A leading Dutch institute in atomic and subatomic physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back