Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

free cswa & cswp exams

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmetal

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2006
US
Hi all,
Tried my VAR for info on vouchers for free exams and he didnt know much. I logged onto the SW site and found information for the cert tests. I got voucher ids the next morning. Before I start, Do the exams require a version of SW or are they independant? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Found some discussion here. Looks as though I need SW / Guess I'll have to stay late. Any suggestions before I take a take the exams-can I do both the CSWA and CSWP ?

"I got voucher ids the next morning." WOW how did that happen? It has been over a week since I requested my voucher and still no word from SW.

What I understand of this process is you get one voucher per seat of SW. So if you only have one seat of SW then you either take the CSWA or the CSWP exam for free. It has been explained to me that you can purchase additional tests. Do check out the lins that CorBlimeyLimey posted. It has a lot of answers you may have.

Have you taken the practice test for the CSWA exam? Here is the link you can download the practice CSWA exam.

For the CSWP there is no practice exam available at this time but this link will give you a better idea of what you will find on the exam.

Both tests have a time limit of 3 hours to complete. Do try to set aside this time in your day to take the test. I have been told by my VAR that if you can not complete the test in the required time the test will close and you will fail. Passing grade is 75%.

Good Luck
Mark

Hi all,
Went to take cert exam online with vouchers from SW. Download tester software ok, went to run and got "could not connect to virtualtester server!"
Added site to allowed proxy list per their recomendation to no avail.
Any thoughts?

People have asked this before but there was no clear answer. What is the time limit for the voucher? I was planning to take the exam today but I forgot to email the voucher to my home address so I'd like to try again next weekend.

The free voucher for non-subscription users ends Nov 1. If you have a SW maintenance subscription and can log into the SW website, there is another voucher that ends Dec 15.

-Shaggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back