Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FREE FEM code (exemple: Matlab, Octave or other) for STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS and DESIGN 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniosus

Structural
Jul 23, 2011
IT
Hi everybody!

I was wondering if there was a free code (Maybe designed by universities of other) for the analysis and design of frames for civil engineering.

Thank you
Best Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you very much for your fast answer!

I found this interesting software online for analysis and design of steel frames:
But has a 10 nodes limit...

The main feature is the SHAPE OPTIMIZATION of members accourding of Eurocode and other National Code.

I was searching a STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING free-code for frames analysis and design (better with shape optimizer). Is there anythig like that?

Thanks

Best regards

My frame analysis programs are free, unlimited and open source:

They don't include a shape optimizer, but they are built into Excel so it would be easy to add your own.

Another open-source program is:

Its focus is seismic analysis, but it will handle static analysis perfectly well as well.

I haven't used it myself for a few years, but from the web-site it looks like it is still under active development.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Mastran2 looks interesting I heard about the program at the Steel Conference last month in St Louis, but have not tried it. I don't think it has design features found in commercially available software. When I looked at the website, it does not mention dynamic analysis either. But is does do first and second order analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back