Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freestyle 'Curve on plane' function missing in V5R20

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverblue

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2010
GB
Hello all,

I am running V5R20. I'm working through a freestyle tutorial but have run into a problem. In the text it asks me to draw a 'curve on plane' (see attached file) However, I can not find this icon located anywhere. I have scrolled through all available commands in the customization menu but have not succeeded in finding it.

I do have available the other curve functions eg. 'curve on surface', 'curve on mesh' etc.

Does anyone know if this function exists in V5R20? I can't see why it would be removed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I doubt if the "Curve on Plane" function has been deleted, the terminology may have been changed though. If a surface has infinite maximum & minimum radii of curvature (or zero curvature in any direction) — then effectively it is a plane. So, try selecting the Surface option to construct a Freestyle curve on a plane.

Kapitan,

I tried what you recommended but Catia wouldn't recognise the plane as a surface or face. I figured that a possible way to achieve a 3D curve on a plane is to right click the compass and 'make privilaged plane most visiable'. This allows me to select a plane and sketch from it, contraining the curve to that planes position. This method seems to have worked so far for what I required.

There are a number of other items in this tutorial that seem different in V5R20 or don't exist. As you suggested Dassault Systemes may have just changed some terminology or combined a number of common features in R20...

If I run into any major difficulties I'll post again.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back