Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Freq response (SOL 111) of a composite model on Nastran: no stress calculated in pcomp elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrieldondeu

Aug 25, 2023
FR
Hello,

If my question is not really matching the topic of this forum, sorry.
I am running frequency response simulations on a model made of psolid, pshell and pcomp elements. The simulation provide displacement result on the whole model without any problem.
But for the stress (and strain) tensor, it appears on the psolid and pshell elements, but nothing is calculated on the pcomp elements, that are all displayed in the color of what is supposed to be the max value in my spectrum.
I've checked if it was not just that the values were very small and so averaged at a low value, but no because when I try to select an element from a pcomp, it tells me that there are no results for this element.
I'm working on Nastran, so I know that on Optistruct there's a card CSTRESS to output the stresses in the composite elements, but it doesn't exist on Nastran so I can't solve my problem this way.
Does any of you have an idea of how I could have my stress tensor calculated and part of my displayed output for my pcomp elements ?

Regards,

Gabriel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which Nastran and which version are you using and from the remarks about colour I infer you are looking at the results in a post processor. Which post processor are you using and does it support complex composite stress results? Do you get any complex composite output in the f06 file?
DG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back