Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frustrating Feature Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellBell

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2005
US
Hello,
I seem to keep having trouble w/ my feature manager tree. After a while working in my assy or dwg, I am only able to expand/collapse folders, subassy's, and views by double clicking on them. In addition, I cannot RMB on anything in order to perform certain functions. So in order to continue working, I end up closing out and re-opening, which can put a real damper on my work flow since these files take so long to open. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks

SW2005 SP3.1
WindowsXP Professional 2002 SP1
3.00GHz
1.00GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX500 version 6.14.10.5218

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had that until I upgraded to SP 3.1, perhaps I was just lucky now...
I think these problems happen mostly when you click too much! ;)

Seriously, waiting for SW to finish what it was doing before trying the next command solves many problems instantly!

Stefan Hamminga
Mesken BV
2005 Certified SolidWorks Professional
Mechanical designer/AI student

I have had this every once in a while since upgrading to 2005, it happens much less on sp4 than it did in earlier SP's though. One thing that usually gives you your tree back is to right click on any part in your assembly and open it then rollback the feature tree to the begininng an then back to the end. Switch back to teh assembly and your Feature tree will be back to normal.

Todd

Beware of SP4.0... There have been reports (mine included) of it falsely, and annoyingly flagging errors in the feature tree. 3.1 didn't do this.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back