Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FT&A automation with points collected through the product structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Ho

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2022
CA
I have an assembly with points scattered throughout the product structure (See attached in different colour boxes). The goal is to automate the FT&A dimensioning creation. Here is my workflow.

[ol 1]
[li]Create a Skeleton 3DShape at the root level. Create a Knowledge Pattern in the skeleton.[/li]
[li]The pattern will climb through the structure, collect the points that meet the requirement and place them in a list.[/li]
[li]The pattern then instantiates a PowerCopy with an FT&A dimension using the points in the list. Repeat until there are no more points.[/li]
[/ol]

Collecting the points was pretty simple. However, I was unable to use the points as inputs for the PowerCopy. I get an error message saying the inputs are invalid.

I think this is because the points are not in the same 3DShape as the Knowledge Pattern, and I am unable to externally reference the points using EKL.

Any ideas?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f67a137f-eb52-473a-b927-b76777d177f3&file=2022-12-13_104519.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back