Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuel Cell Source to meet Specific Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammacks

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2009
US
I have been scouring the net for a fuel cell to meet my specific requirements. So far, I have been unable to find what I need. Let me lay it out for you:

PEM H2/Air Fuel Cell
Operating Temperature ~80C (Important)
Self humidifying (or mechanism to provide humidity)
Single Cell (not a stack)

We are imaging the thermal plumes emitting from the cathode of the cell. The temperature is significant to get the necessary density gradients. The power produced by the cell is not important. An exposed cathode is desirable in order to have access for imaging.

Any ideas?

At the bottom of the page here: you can see thermal plume imaging.

Also, the last pdf link contains a publication with a schematic on page 2 of the fuel fabricated for the imaging. I would like to find a commercial cell similar to this in order to setup and proof imaging methods using a commercial cell.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used the pem fuel cells, and the NaBH4 to release H2 using catalyst Pt-Al2O3, but the catalyst get deactivation by the by product NaBO2 after few hour. Somebody know what can we do in order to contain this deactivation.
thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back