Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuel Gas Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNJR

Industrial
Jul 29, 2003
ES
We're trying to find some kind of especification for degree of filtration for a fuel gas-to-burner filter.

I guess it may depend on the size of the burners so a 20 mesh filter should be enough... but we don't really want to guess

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A 20 mesh filter would be far too large. You expect a fuel gas filter to do an excellent job of removing any liquid droplets that might be present. They should be capable or removing extremely fine droplets; I'd say down to at least 5 microns. I think 20 mesh translates to openings well over a hundred microns. Droplets that size could wreck havoc with your combustion process.
Doug

bnjr,

to supplement djack77494 comments, highly recommend contacting the burner tech rep and obtain their gas specs for their burner, which should include any allowable liquid, solids, etc. of course, the burner rep will need gas analysis from your company as well.

good luck!
-pmover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back