Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuel Injector Tester for Detroit Diesel Marine engines 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsalt66

Military
Jun 30, 2009
US
I am looking for a Operation/Maintenance/Technical Manual for a Kent-Moore J-34760-A POP "N" FIXTURE. The part # shown on one website is KMTJ-34760-A. This is a very old piece of equipment. At one time the tester was available through the US Navy Stock System however was discontinued several years ago. I Checked on the Military Forum of Eng-Tips with negative results. Anyone have any ideas out there?
I am desparate.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Contact the manufacture. Or look for an older engine manual most of the time the manuals have the instructions for use, or can sure lead you to the correct procedure.

I can think of three possible sources for the manual you are looking for. The first is the the National Technical Information Service ( The Second is the Library of Congress. ( The 3rd is a Federal Depository Library (FDL). The Key to finding this manual is the Navy TM number for this repair fixture. The other is the Navy stock number for the tool. With this you will be able to track down a manual at one of the above sources. I have dealt with the NTIS to obtain TM's Op manuals for the vintage military radio equipment I maintain as a Hamradio operator. The NTIS sells brand new manuals if they have them in stock. The Library of Congress will copy them for you, same for a FDL. The thing to do once you obtain the manual is to take the time to scan it into a computer this way you can put the original away and refer to the digital copy for reference.

Kent-Moore appears to have been swallowed by SPX.
I couldn't find much on their website.
Maybe if you call at an odd hour and ask for an old-timer, they'll be able to help.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back