Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fugitive Emissions Rate calculations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshyeng

Chemical
Nov 12, 2007
US

Please suggest me some references or articles to calculate fugitive emission rates.

For example fugitive emission rates from pump packing emissions,valve packing emissions, flange emissions etc.

Thank You

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Addition to my question above,

If my emissions from pump packing is 12000 ppm(v) then how should I estimate emission rate in lb/hr for this specific emission?

Thank You.

The US EPA's publication AP-42, Compilation of Air Pollution Emission factors is a good reference.

Go to AP-42 Volume 1, Fifth Edition.

See Chapter 5 and Section 5.1 "Fugitive Emissions" where data can be found on fugitive vapor losses from valves, drains, flanges, pump seals, etc.

AP-42 also lists specific publications and emission factors on fugitive sources in the chemical industry and other sectors.

The US EPA “Method 21” and EPA 453 also describe emissions monitoring methods and protocols for fugitive emissions estimates. Go to the EPA web site for these references.

A good resource on the web is This site provides links to information on leak detection and repair programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back