Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fuse TCC curve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUEE

Electrical
Nov 30, 2007
US
I am looking for TCC curves for Bussman LPN fuses. These are the old LPN fuses that are not made anymore, not the LPN-RK fuses that are made now. I contacted Bussman and they told me they would look for them, but haven't received anything from them yet. I suspect the old LPN curves are different than the LPN-RK curves since the old LPS curves (that Bussman did have) are different than the new LPS-RK curves. If anyone has these and could provide them it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI TTUEE

The difference between old LPN and actual LPN seems negligeable.

I have compared TCC curves available on the bussman web site with those on my Protection device coordination software. My LPN model are for 1980 and 1984. There is no noted difference between the older and newer LPN.

Although my model are provided by the software publisher and are reliable, I recommend you to confirm my statement with a Bussman representative.

Danny Garant, ing.jr

Thanks. Your software seems to have a more complete library than mine. I am using ETAP. What software did you get your info from?

Etap is a popular software and my company uses it. However, one thing I've noticed... there is a lot of info missing in the library, as well as some errors that I've found/corrected along the way.

What you are doing is correct, try to get the TCC (which can be a time consuming task) and compare them with ETAP library to make sure they match. I do that every time, if possible...

I'm looking at the LPN-RK_SP TCC curve at Etap right now and as I figured, they don't put in the minimum melt time and total clearing time for you. So if you are going to do coordination, or if you want a to be more accurate, factor -10% for min melt time, and +10% for total clearing time within the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back