Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gas Dehydration Unit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skindeep0297

Chemical
Feb 12, 2009
IT
Hi all,

I have a question about a gas dehydration unit with glycol solvent.

I need to know the TEG Flow Rate and Purity for the following gas data:

1) Gas Flow 300 MMSCFD
2) Gas MW 21.73
3) Gas Temperature 37°C
4) Gas Pressure 53.8 barg
5) Gas Water Content 18 lb/MMscf (not saturated conditions)
6) Gas Dew Point 2 lb/MMscf

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Skin:

I don’t think anyone on the Forums is going to calculate (or speculate) the answer you want without receiving compensation or freedom from liability. We also don’t know:

1) What process you are using (or planning) – Drizzo, ColdFinger, Cleanol, Progly, Ecoteg, etc.?
2) The detailed gas composition;
3) The amount of stripping gas being used.

I think the best you can hope for are guesses. My guess is 35 gpm +/- 25%. By “purity”, I presume you mean the Lean TEG strength (wt%). I would design for 99.75% TEG.

Why / what do you need to know this information for?

The thing you'll have to decide is do you want 25 gpm TEG or 10 GPM, both work, depends on trays.

Getting 99.0+ means you'll need an exotic regenerator.

Hire a professional to solve it, we here just agree that is posible.

I agree with dcasto and associates, there's too many variables not stated here that can effect your design, including contamination, cleanliness, stripping gas, BTEX's, flash tanks, vac regeneration, etc., the list goes on. For a first kick at it, run it into one of the templates available for Promax or Hysys and see how it plays out. Just don't run off and build it without some experienced input.

just my opinion... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back