Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gas Flow Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduard47

Mechanical
May 16, 2002
US
I am requested to research from anybody around who knows any gas flow software - a program that could calculate masss flowrate, pressure drops, etc. It hs been emphasized that the gas flow application would be on scrubb exhaust gas for microelectronics application. This is acidic in nature and regardless of its state/condition, my thought is that any flow software say "Pipe Flo" could be use for any type fluid. Or if somebody could correct me and give me a better information on a better software for this application I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Eduard47

Fluid Flow have a pipe network analysis package, with an add-on module for dealing with gas circuits. See
Generally all dry gases follow the Ideal Gas Laws. The acidic nature comes from the condensibles and non-condensibles in the gas stream. Which in a gas exhaust situation will be a minor component, unless you are coming straight out of the scrubber. In that case you would be carrying high amounts of vapours, which have a significant effect on the gas behaviour.
1 - In that case you may need to model it as steam.
2 - If you are handling lower Relative Humidities you will have to go into Psychometrics.

In either case try the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for that.

Thanks again John. This forum has started being a part of my day in the office and it's just so great having people as kind as you are. Your advice will be forwarded to my superior.

Eduard

Thanks for the resources Morten. I do appreciate your help on the subject.

Eduard

Thanks Stanier for your tips. After going into AFT site, it seems like Chempak is the most applicable software for our needs. We do appreciate much your very helpful tip. God Bless you.

Eduard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back