Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Gas Pipeline Reluctant to allow bio-gas 98% methane injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonMoore

Electrical
Jul 14, 2005
US
I’m working a feasibility study to see if cleaning bio-gas to pipeline dryness and 98% methane with all H2S and Siloxanes removed, could be introduced into a nearby pipeline for sale. The local gas company won’t even return my calls. Only the energy brokers seem interested and they can’t commit to a purchase. The project can only go forward if there is a market for the gas. A letter of intent would be best, but I’d settle for a return call and firm denial for reasons X, Y and Z. At least then I could work the process team to address the issues.

Anyone have any insight as to why the gas company won’t give us the time of day?

Best regards;

Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gas companies like mainstream stuff (middle 30%) and when you left a message that said "bio-gas" they likely freaked out.

Who owns the pipeline? If it is a city, next time you leave a message suggest that you've left several messages and your next call will be to the City Council. City Council members really hate to get that sort of call and often will get results.

If it is a privately owned "common carrier" then they have to take gas (up to the capacity of the pipeline) that meets their published tarrif.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back