Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gas Pipeline Software 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

REN

Petroleum
May 19, 1999
US
I need to do a study of a large and complex nat. gas pipeline system - make that a very large and very complex system. Any suggestions for software I should check out? Anybody got any qualms/praise for the Stoner model/s?<br>
<br>
Paul R.<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Paul <br>
You might try GasWorks. Bradley Bean puts it out in Colarado. I have been using it and it works very well and does alot with ease of input.<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><A HREF="mailto:bbb@b3pe.com">bbb@b3pe.com</A><br>
His phone number is 719-578-9391<br>
Kent

For simple steady state analysis, you could try out PIPESIM by Baker Jardine&nbsp;&nbsp;and if you wish to do a more rigorous transient analysis, there is OLGA 2000 by Scandpower.<br><br>I work in Flow Assurance for a deepwater Pipeline engineering company and these two are the tools we use.&nbsp;&nbsp;They are also recognised as the oil & gas industry standards.

Paul, I used to work for Stoner here in Houston. I have also been a client of theirs at The Williams Companies, Enron, and Shell. I have used both steady state and transient software from Stoner Associates, Gregg Engineering, SSI, and LiqConsult and can say that Stoner's is easily the most rigorous. I have example after example of it's better (although not always by much) results. It is also the most versatile and powerful.

Typically, the only real consideration is cost. You can rent or buy any of these software packages, but they are typically expensive.

I know this is a really late response, but I just found this forum 5 minutes ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back