Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gas pressure drop equation needed asap please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckrub231

Civil/Environmental
Jan 7, 2003
US
I am designing a landfill recovery gas line (primarily 50% methane, 50% carbon dioxide gas) which is under vacuum. I am looking for information for gas pressure drop resulting from pipe reducers and sudden expansions. The gas will be pulled through a 24" pipeline, then through a 60" manhole pump station utilized to knockout condensate. I cannot find any equations for gas distribution that deals with this, can anyone help? Not a mechanical engineer, but a civil and if you can provide both the equation, and define units, etc. I would appreciate it as I do not have reference material if you say to utilize a particular equation. Thanks in advance for all help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Buckrub231,

No one has been able to help you? I have a bead on this problem. What is the vacuum source? How much volume are you talking about? What vacuum level? What is the piping made of in this application. Is the gas saturated? Write back!

SASC

I suggest you pick up a copy of the "Crane Manual", Crane Company Technical Paper No. 410. It's entitled, "Flow of Fluids Through Valves, Fittings, and Pipe." I have a really old copy (circa 1980), but the formulas are still mostly valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back