Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gas Saturation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemical13

Chemical
Jun 23, 2008
US
Hello,
I need to design an amine contactor. The flare gas recovered from the flare gas recovery system is fed to the amine contactor for acid gas removal. Before the gas is fed to the contactor it is saturated with water. My question is why do you want to saturate the gas with water and what should be the temperature of water that is used for saturation? Help me...Thank you..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you do not saturate the gas with water, the gas will saturate with the water in the amine mixture, this means your amine concentration will rise continiously.

Under normal situations, the water should be hotter than the gas to keep from condensing those molecules that are in Vapour Liquid equalibrium. Remember to that the heat of vapourization will occur so be prepared to have the water a little warmer than the gas stream

If you do not mind having some of the flare gases condense, then their is nothing keeping you from using cold water to to also help with cooling the gases in order to stop a temperature bulge in the contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back