Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE Multilin 469: Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodLechelt

Electrical
Aug 31, 2002
CA
I am writing a paper on the GE Multilin 469 Motor Management Relay, and could use some feedback from those in the know. I need to know of any shortcomings you have encountered, and what changes you would make to the relay. Does it act as you want for your process? So far our testing has shown no abberant behavior, and it performs as expected for out chosen motor (3500hp SCIM driving an oil pump) Thanks a lot, any feedback would be largly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We installed several 469 relays, about 25-30, in the 1998-99 time frame. We have experienced what I would consider to be a higher than acceptable failure rate on these units. It seems that there is a problem with the power supplies - that's what the repaired units come back with - but our serial numbers do not fall within the published ranges and thus are not warranty repairs. The units seem to function OK, and are easy to work with, easy (and inexpensive!) to get software and firmware upgrades, and also easy to get technical support for - I'm just not real happy with the failure rates thus far. The older vintage 269Plus units that we installed on the smaller motors have worked flawlessly, although not quite so user-friendly.

When they first came out they seemed to have a problem with low temperature ambient conditions. That was quite a while ago and I hae seen no more eveidence of that. We install 20 - 30 per year and have had zero field failures in the last 3 years that I am aware of. Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Good experince its the most user friendly than another brand, and good technical supports.

I have bad experince but I dont think it apropriate to write that here.

If I would like to change the waveform capture should be a non volatile memory, like the event recorder, that will make the engineer/trouble shooter life more easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back