Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General - NORSOK datasheets - how to fill in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femice

Petroleum
Sep 6, 2012
NO
I have googled a lot, and I can not find any help on "how to fill in".
When I ask the techncial guys at work, there are as many opinions about what data I need to fill in as there are engineers here...
When I ask my customers; they say, just fill in what you can... Seems they are happy when they get the template with just some information in it....
Then they have a Norsok datasheet to show... (the quality of it however...)

What did the people making the datasheet have in mind, is what I wonder.
Not always easy to translate from the manufactureres datasheets....

What do other engineers do here?

As of now I add a lot of data under notes, just to make sure what I think is relevant is in there....

Regards
Irene

Irene Eriksen
Technical sales/Documentation (Hydraulic)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The NORSOK data sheet are generally pretty lousy both with regards to content but especially wrt to layout.

I would try to convice the client to use something better (even try to sell him some new ones :) )

Best regards

Morten

IMO (almost) anything is better than NORSOK sheets. If your client (or company) requires that you use NORSOK datasheets then you have to unfortunately.

There are a number of issues with the NORSOK data sheet:

- Ugly lay out
- Stupid excel implementation
- Data sets not always easy to understand
-?

These are issues that you seem aware off.

I try NOT to use NORSOK data sheet. The idea using notes is good but can sometimes be time consuming.

Try to get a feeling for what the client will use the datasheet for? Is it a quote, a specification or will he enter the data into a maintenanse database? Which field to fill out may depend on the use of the data sheet.

For me there is no option.
If a customer requires NORSOK it is often because their customer requires it.

There are other options like EqHub coming up as well, but I have to live with NORSOK for a while still...

Irene Eriksen
Technical sales/Documentation (Hydraulic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back