Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generalized Aerodynamic Force Matrix extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDaniel810

Mar 11, 2016
ES
Hello all,

Anyone knows how to extract the Generalized Aerodynamic Force matrix (QHH) of flexible modes from the nastran database? I am currently doing a SOL 145

Thank you,
Jose Daniel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are examples of how to obtain this output in the "tpl" (test problem library) directory. Look at (for example) example ha145i, which contain a small DMAP alter to print the QHHL matrix. Starting with version 2014, the tpl examples are delivered with the documentation on a separate install executable (e.g. nastran_2014.1_windows_doc_example.exe for Windows). In prior versions, the tpl was delivered with the product installer. You will need to get at the tpl examples.

Be careful with the above output; I am not completely sure if QHHL is the right output for you; you may need to do some manipulation. If the terms of QHHL do not look like the numbers you are expecting, try browsing the content of the MSC Nastran Aeroelastic forum of the MSC Software VPD forum, at Others have requested this output in the past. If you don't see what you need over there, you can always post a request to that forum; there are MSC staff as well as clients who participate in the forums.

Thank you very much, I'll try with the DMAP alter although it will be the first time I use them.

Whenever I have a solution I will post it here for future forum users.

The code line I'll be using first is (to make it easy for future forum users):

COMPILE SUBDMAP=FLUTTER,SOUIN=MSCSOU,NOREF,NOLIST $ V3
ALTER 50 $ V3
MATPRN QHHL// $ PRINTS QHHL MATRIX
EXIT $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back