Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating .mnf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

roolf

Industrial
May 3, 2016
PL
Hello again,

I am facing some problem with generating .mnf file. I am trying to get a model of flat plate (shown on the image) and then .mnf file to import it to adams. I am following this tutorial: Link. But the problem is when I apply only DOF (6 degrees for 4 corners of the plate) I get an error that attachment has no rotational degree and the body in ADAMS doesnt move in any direction. So I tried to make one short surface of the plate rigid (with SPIDER utility), as I understand it as equivalent for constrains. But after that .mnf file is not generated. In the end I have tried to make holes in plate in the same way as in tutorial and finally the flexible body moved in ADAMS but forces that moved body were like 1GN instead of 0.2N (compared to simulation made in Patran with model without holes with the same material properties). I would be very grateful for any kind of help. Thanks in advance.

mnf_cbwn9l.jpg
zero_uitnkt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back