Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generator remote monitoring and control

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleceng85

Electrical
Jan 6, 2010
IQ
Hi

i need to monitor and control the generator by PC via GSM
(i choose the gsm bcoz the genset in the desert, away 100 km from the control room) the generator's control module is DSE7510, i have also GSM modem (Wavecom fastrack M1306B) and pc software for monitoring. my inquiry is do i need the same modem to be connected to the pc or different type ? what should the gsm network support to transfer the required data ? (our gsm network support the GPRS) does the data transfer through the internet ?
please any one share some info about that i'll be so thankful

thanks alot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why not ask deepsea themselves?

Their website gives email and phone support contacts

If they do not respond please repost and i will go and bang on their door.... I live abour 15km from them!

Please post the outcome, we often offer advice and hear no more.....

Deep sea technical support reply but it is disappointed :-( : Deep sea technical support :You can use any modem for the PC side, we recommend the Multitech Global Modem ZBA or the Wavecom Fastrak as we know them to work well.
The SIM card in the GSM modem must support CSD (Circuit Switched Data) over the GSM network to allow data transfer to work correctly.
Me: Can I use the internet via GPRS or via satellite instead of CSD (Circuit Switched Data) ? because the GSM network in Iraq doesn’t support CSD (Circuit Switched Data)
Deep sea technical support:Sorry, no, the DSE module supports only CSD over GSM.
We have no support for satellite or GRPS. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back