Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geometric condtion fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokko1

Industrial
Jun 16, 2013
NL
I'm working on two product and one of the items I'm working on I can't seem to get it as I want.
The item is becoming a wrist with embedded NFC payment tag, but that comes after the shaping of the product.

Problem one:
Constantly geometric condition failures and I can't seem to be able to do it in any other way so it doesnt occur.
I'm trying to get the cut in lines seen on the picture all the way around the band, starting of with this and then trying to circular pattern the two cuts.
5zfz8y.png

Any tips / clues how to solve it? Or other ways how to make it?

Problem two
The other shape I just have no clue how to start making it (without possibly using 3d sketch) in SW.
So just some tips to get me started on how to make that the facetted band would be really appriciated.
Here a drawing of what the intention is of making in SW.
oqzvwo.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you attach the first part here?
Looks like you might be able to do a mirror and then circular pattern.
Emboss/Deboss might be a solution in place of Sweep.

Rollupswx, I'v attached the file. You can give it a try and if you get it working please eplain in short how you did it.
Bether to learn from the mistakes then just let someone els do it.

And for Rbpmc, I'v alredy found making a hexagon then using lofted cut did the trick.
But the flex feature would be way more neat to use, altough I wonder if that work with this kind of complex shape.
Previously haven't gotten that good a experience in what its capable of.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c09652f2-42a6-4d1d-9355-93b9d7727b9c&file=Band-Crosslines.SLDPRT
One way to make the faceted face would be to use the Polygon sketch tool, with a polygon of arbitrary number of sides (I used 9) and a second sketch on a parallel plane with the polygon rotated.
From there you can create planes constrained by 3 of the nodes, and do 2D sketches of triangles between the points.
Then -Planar Surface, -repeat an an adjoining "triangle, Knit, -circular pattern, -knit the whole mess together. Sounds like more work than it is.

Does not account for your overlap at the bottom, but maybe its useful as a jumping off point. There are certainly more ways to do this, but this one popped into my head when I saw the sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back