Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geometrical constraint not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksandar81

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2014
BA
When I insert exiting part in too another part,open sketch,then convert entity from inserted part(hole ) on sketch plane result is circle.When I try to make new circle concentric with this entity circle it doesn't snap-can't use concentric only tangent.
Any help is welcome!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I hope this isn't patronising, I only say this because it has happened to me. Are you sure the converted entity is a circle and not a spline or some other sketch entity? Are you able to create an axis using the hole on the inserted part? If yes then I would recommend using the axis to constrain your sketch, if no then it is unlikely that solidworks sees the hole as a hole.

GSTP

Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
UK

A quick to determine if its a circle or not, is to hover over top the sketch if your mouse cursor turns to a spline, then its not a true circle.

Also, check to make sure your Automatic sketch relations is turned on. Tools\Sketch Settings\Automatic Relations

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

It's spline,thank you.

Untitled_erv5ra.png

I was trying to project sketch on too Sheet metal (inserted part),fill the sketch with surface and then make it thick.I need in this slot- hole that will later be concentric in assembly with hole of inserted part.Problem is that I can't find center of this projected hole since it's spline.
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back