Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting I-deas 10 NX to work with new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmila

Specifier/Regulator
Feb 11, 2008
GB
Hello,

I have a permanent licence of I-deas and the last version I got was 10 NX on Windows 2000. My computer blew and I am going to need to get a new one. The question is, if I transfer my hard disks to a new computer with Windows 2000, is there a chance it will work? I seem to remember that the software looks for a piece of hardware (I think the network card) to indentify the PC. Or will I have to pay Siemens for a new key or even worse re-install thre software? Last time I changed hardware I had to pay Unigraphics for a new key.

I have two things: one I-Deas is not installed on the disk C and two, I made images of each hard disk with the Norton facility to restore the whole thing in case of a complete breakdown.

I-Deas 10 NX will work with Windows XP. If I have trouble finding hardware that will work with Windows 2000, is it better to get hardware for XP and re-install the software?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used I-deas 10 on XP Pro.

But the license i tied to your hardware so you need a new license file. If you can move the old network card to the new computer it can work but i am not sure.

Regard,

Mattias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back