Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Nodal Stress and Nodal Coordinates in Postprocessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyseducer

Materials
Apr 9, 2006
DE
Dear Abaqus User's,

I'm trying to access with python Postprocessing to odb datas. I would like to extract at every node of a Set the Stress components ( S11,S22, and so on.) and the coordinates of these nodes.

Getting the Nodal coordinates for each frame is not being difficult by the use of the COORD FieldOuputs.
I'm asking if anybody knows how to get access to the stress components at the node. Is there a way to access these datas or do I have to extrapolate the results obtained at the integration points ? If yes , what could be the procedure?

Thanks a lot for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, I'd already checked the archives and I'd seen your post but I don't think it's gonna help me.
As I said, Getting the Coordinates of the node is not that difficult. My question was if it was possible to get Stress , Strain components at nodes , or if it was possible to get Coordinates at Integration Points .
Or if there was a routine to interpolate the node coordinate to the integration point.

But thanks for the hint :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back