Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting started - need training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfteng

Mechanical
Aug 1, 2002
US
What is the best method of training for getting started with Algor. Are the webcasts useful or is more traditional classroom training necessary? Any good experience?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found the best way to get started was just by going through their tutorials. After I had already gone through the tutorials, I bought a webcast which wasn't very helpful - it didn't seem very much more than what is already in the docutech. I went there for onsite training (one-on-one) and was pretty disappointed when the "expert" who was supposed to be helping me didn't know the answers. I borrowed the book that they reference from the library (author: Spyrakos) and although it's for a much older version of Algor I found it very helpful.

I found using Pipepak the best way to learn is to have an application and start modelling it. When you have questions send them to Algor. The responses are fast and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back