Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Gfortran's .dll files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denial

Structural
Jun 3, 2003
AU
Three days ago I posted a query about Fortran compilers on this forum, and as a result I successfully installed the gfortran compiler on my Windows-10(Home)-64bit computer.[&nbsp;] While I have not yet begun compiling my <irony>magnum opus</irony>, I have successfully compiled and run a few smaller "test" programs.

In so doing I have noticed that the .exe files that gfortran produces will not run unless several of the numerous .dll files that came with the compiler are accessible via their directory being on the system's path.[&nbsp;] This is not a huge problem for me, but since I intend to make my eventual .exe widely available it is a bit of a nuisance.[&nbsp;] The three .dll files are:
[&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;]libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
[&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;]libgfortran-3.dll
[&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;][&nbsp;]libquadmath-0.dll

Is there some way this can be circumvented?[&nbsp;] Some way of incorporating the relevant bits of the .dll files directly into the .exe file?[&nbsp;] Perhaps via an obscure compiler option?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm guessing there is a linker involved that needs to be told to link the functions instead of retaining references to the dlls. If it's the GNU compiler that's what I would be looking for. OTOH most software is shipped with dlls and the installer manages all the pieces to make sure they are installed where they should be.

I would look for possible explicit inclusions of those libraries in your code, or compiler switches that turn off the linking to those files. The last one looks like an extended precision library.

It's certainly likely there's a compiler switch to make one gigantic executable. Alternately, if this is open-source, you could possibly extract the source code of the routines you use from those libraries and incorporate their code directly into your source code.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back