Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ghost image when adding viewports in paperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadmonkey1

Structural
Feb 24, 2003
GB
Just starting to learn 3d In Autocad 2000, after creating a wall plan in model space i then go into paper space-wall plan still on screen but white background.After pulling in ISO A1 template title block i then go into viewports & specify 2 Vertically.When the screen regens as well as the 2 new viewports with the wall plan in each there is also the original image still underneath.I can go into model space on the task bar & erase the original but when i print off a slight ghost image is printed under the two viewports and i don't know why-anyone got any ideas?? Thankyou you all in advance for any help you can give!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a similar problem when using Autocad software at school. The way around this problem is to click outside the viewport area and select the ghost lines and move them outside of the print area defined in your drawing. Someone has probability used an Autolisp program to change your setting and preferences at the workstation that you using. Do not erease anything in model space. This is not your fault! Another possible problem is that you overlaid two viewports over one viewport in paperspace. These viewports are floating in paperspace. You can select the ghost vport and move the drawing into an empty space and do what I have mentioned previously. I hope this helps. Good luck - John

you say that when you first go into paperspace the "wall" is still there, i suspect that you are auto-generating one viewport, then making two more.
new dwg, have wall, go into papersapace, see wall, then you already have one viewport, do same except make one more viewport. now two instead of three.

hope this helps

Intel P4 1.7 GHZ
768 RDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back