Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Glenium 7500 air question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trvscouch

Structural
Jun 2, 2015
US
The project I'm currently at decided to start adding glenium 7500 onsite instead of water. I have noticed that after the glenium is added, the air percentile increases from 2 to 10% in addition. I was told that it will disapate fairly fast but it takes about 20 minutes. We had a truck last week that arrived with a 6% air before glenium and 15% after 64 oz of glenium was added with an additional 25-30 more revolutions. We took a sample to see if it would effect the breaks and the numbers are significantly lower compared to the other tests. Do this sound correct?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes...the higher the air content, the lower the strength.

Since you didn't provide the information on the mix design I'll take a few guesses.....

Let's assume a 600 lb/cy cement content. Let's also assume you had 10 cy delivered. If this is reasonably close, then your dosage is over about 1 oz/cwt/cy. That's a relatively low dose if the info you gave is correct for the entire load.

The numbers don't add up; however, if you are getting such high air contents, look at a reaction between the Glenium and any other admixture you are using.

Unfortunately I don't have the mix design with me right now but I do know it's a 4,500 psi mix with 3,635 lbs of cement and 138 gallons of water per 8yrd truck (the road restraints will not allow us more than 8yrds per truck). I will post the design tomorrow when I get back into the office.

i have never heard of something as extreme as that.
samples are all taken from the same point, no pumping in between sample pts....? no way there might be lightweight agg in the mix and youre testing with airpot, or anything like that going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back