Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Glitch with Photoworks Materials...

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfr

Structural
Oct 10, 2007
US
Hello all, I am in a real bind and any help would be greatly appreciated. Been using Photoworks for over a year now, so I thought I knew it pretty well. But all of a sudden, my renderings started coming out with all materials in "Light Concrete". I've tried EVERYthing, from changing materials (of components, faces, features, etc) to changing Photoworks settings, and regardless of what setting I've chosen or what material the Material Manager tree says I've applied, the resulting render is always in all concrete.

Even when I click "Show Solidworks Colors in Photoworks", I still get a rendering with the Photoworks light concrete material. Nothing I can do, short of clicking "Render Contours Only," will get rid of the concrete in my renderings. Driving me crazy. Any suggestions? Should I just try to reinstall it or something... by the way, I'm using Solidworks '07.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I should add that "Light Concrete" does not show up in my Materials Tree, which makes it all the more strange that it is being applied in my renderings. Also, I CAN actually add other materials, I'm realizing, but they are layered on top of the light concrete... ie, I can add a blue plastic material to a part, and that's all that shows in my material list, but then the rendering comes out blue with concrete texture...

Sorry, you mentioned that in your original post and I missed it.

I'm stumped. If you were using 2008 I had a good idea what the issue was. I've personally never seen this happen but I seem to recall someone else e-mailing me about this issue. His problem turned out to be his network location for his custom materials being in correct.

This sounds like a stupis question I know....have you tried rebooting you're machine?

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
Eastern Region SWUGN Representative SW 2007 SP 2.0

thanks for the suggestions guys! i did try rebooting to no avail. i think this problem began actually a week or so ago, and it's persisted for this long... i can't remember if i changed anything in my options or did anything that could screw it up like this. i'm going to try that registry solution now, let you know if it works.

I've found odd material behavior when I have multiple configurations in a rendering with different materials. Not exactly what you're talking about but you never know.

60% of the time, it works every time.

ahh... reseting solidworks by renaming the registry directory worked! what a relief. now i get to work all night to catch up on lost time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back