Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GM Toolkit Upgrade Rev L Stopped use of all NX incl Teamcenter GTAC Stumped, Gees Stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkared

Automotive
Oct 14, 2009
US
Updated my Toolkit to Rev L. Now NX, Teamcenter will not start. I get a God awfull message when trying either. The 6.1 toolkit menu comes up, but nothing will start from there. The CAD tab is gone where you could start NX with the toolkit independent of Teamcenter(See Picture). Now there are two Teamcenter (4-Tier) Tabs.
When trying to start NX by itself without the GM stuff(Did not touch the NX install during the GM upgrade, BTW) I get:

The procedure entry point
?MakeMwGougeChecker@DemandLoader@Cam@UGS@@SAPEAVIPat
hChecker@23@PEAVOPR@3@HP6AHPEBDPEAX_N@Z2N@Z could not
be located in the dynamic link libcamsdemand.dll.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2d9ef499-407c-4dfd-a283-4cc17d947be6&file=Capture.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had a lengthy response to this posted but then I found 2 other threads, one asking exactly the same thing and another asking a quite similar question but providing more info that what is above and I decided that this is a mess beyond my help and completely changed my posting.

and
OP, please post your issue and questions in a SINGLE thread. Please include ALL steps you've taken if possible - that helps us help you and makes everything less confusing and more efficient. I, and I'm sure others, understand your level of concern and that you might be really wanting to get this issue resolved as soon as possible - you might even feel like you've completely broken everything. But please, keep it all in a single thread.

Yes, you've got quite a mess on your hands. I'm guessing you've not done this configuring before? It's been quite a long time for me, but the last time I dealt with the GM Launch and GM Toolkit, it was distributed as a zip file containing a bunch of files and folders - it's not really an install, just a bunch of crap from another person's computer at GM that's been zipped up and it's your job (or your admin's job) to unzip it and correctly configure it.
Does that still hold true today?

If so, then all hope is not lost. You REALLY need to call GEES and/or GTAC back and FULLY explain the situation and what all you've done up to this point, at least that you can remember. Seems to me like you've combined old with new (particularly with the Launcher) and now it doesn't work because things are pointing to the wrong locations. Ask whoever you call for assistance in fully unzipping and configuring BOTH the GM Launcher and the toolkit. You CAN leave the old alone for now and unzip all of this to a NEW location and try to get it running from there, but you're going to have to go in and get the Launch utility pointed to the correct locations FIRST.

In the future, unzip the new GM stuff into a separate location and get it running from there THEN make a new shortcut to the launcher on your desktop and finally remove all the old files (if you can).

That's about all the info or advice I can give to you at this point.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back