Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GMTOOLKIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfsteel

Mechanical
Feb 3, 2007
US
Could someone who has the GM toolkit installed on their pc please send me a bitmap of the file structure and what files are in what directories? I would greatly appreciate it.

bfsteel@hotmail.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shags,

The toolkit from GM is a collection of customisations that they use in house to create their drawings and maintain their modelling standards. Some suppliers will have it installed also by arrangement with GM.

As for bfsteel's question obviously his local GM support ought to be helping with the installation.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I appreciate the explanation from Hudson as he is correct in this definition but I have to apologize for asking for a simple structure page that would benefit me in what I am doing.

Thanks hudson. I have seen the term around and finally asked to wee what it was. I develop post processors using Post Builder and was hoping it had something to do with CAM. Always nice to get good responses.

Is the toolkit still distributed as always (a zip file that you unpack where you want to install)? If so, why not just copy all of your program default files (.def & .dat and maybe some other file types) somewhere safe and just reinstall (unzip) the toolkit? Put the original default files where they belong (not where you got them from) and you should be good to go.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Yes it should work something after the fashion that nkwheelguy above describes. They have something of a cunning plan involving scripts which point to anywhere and everywhere automatically in a really quite convoluted but generally robust sort of way. As long as you don't try and change anything from the standard install you should be okay. If you do then the phrase from a very old computer game comes to mind "you're entering a maze of twisty passages all alike."

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Also BTW it used to be the case that Adam OPEL had a different toolkit from GM North America. So you might want to be specific about that.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Uhhh...that's an I-deas directory structure, which has absolutely nothing to do with the GM Toolkit or (UG)NX for that matter.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back