Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good D&DT reference? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldtraveller

Aerospace
Sep 25, 2013
US
Can anyone here recommend a good D&DT reference book? I've got the handouts and 'textbook', which was really just a collection of printed material from various sources, from the class I took a few years ago, and I have Petersons stress concentration factors, but is there a D&DT book, similar to Bruhn or Nui in the stress world, that is a good general reference?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For clarity: exactly what do You mean by "D&DT"????

Regards, Wil Taylor

Trust - But Verify!

We believe to be true what we prefer to be true.

For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible.

Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant – "Orion"

Try these:

Compendium of Stress Intensity Factors - Rooke & Cartwright

Damage Tolerance Assessment Hanbook - BOT-FAA-CT-93/69.1

Crack Growth and Residual Strength Predications in Airplane Fuselages - NASA/CR-1999-209115

Metal Fatigue in Engineering - Fuchs and Stephens

The Stress Analysis of Cracks Handbook - Tada, Paris, and Irwin

The Practical Use of Fracture Mechanics - Broek

Repairs to Damage Tolerant Aircraft - Swift

Fatigue and Fracture of High Risk Parts - Farahmand

SIF Effects on Inspection Intervals - Fawaz

Some good stuff by C.E. Feddersen

Those are all pretty standard sources for data. Good luck.

Keep em' Flying

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx

Thanks for that list. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I've found a bunch of D&DT type books, but I want something that's more emphasizing the practical side of things as an actual desktop reference. There's a fair number of them listed on Amazon, and I've got two that were referenced in the class I took, but those are mostly theory. (It's like having the first half of Bruhn, but not the second....) ;)

I have made a FAQ post for this under "FAQ Index -> "references" - the same location as SparWebs aero books FAQ. I have not expanded the list. I leave that to more knowledgeable people who see the FAQ.

Keep em' Flying

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back