Good morning, I have a proposed su 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civilsurvey601

Civil/Environmental
Feb 15, 2024
US
Good morning,
I have a proposed subdivision design that is basically flat as a pancake. The outfall of the detention pond is at 98.20 feet. The end of the pipe run's invert is 98.88 feet. the run is a total of 677.65 feet long. Curb and gutter is required, as is subsurface drainage. I use Hydrology Studios to help with the stormsewer design. The most slope I can get on the stormsewer pipe is a measly 0.10%. The program sizes the pipes correctly but the HGL and EGL are plotting up above the ground level. What do you guys do in super flat areas like florida. I know it is the small scope, as I remodeled the run using 2.00 % slopes and the HGL remined in the pipe as it should. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

depends on the size of the pipes / catchment but have found open swales to be better in these situations, however they take up a lot of real-estate, but at flat grades the pipes get very big and if you need to discharge to a pond you run out of cover. swales also provide SW quality treatment
If it is flat enough the swale could form part of the pond (long skinny pond)

The long skinny open channel ponds are an option for such a flat area.
However, for the storm sewer have you considered large elliptical pipes (double barrel) and also check that you're not overestimating the loss in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back