Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good OAPI practise and methods; example & question

Status
Not open for further replies.

micco

Civil/Environmental
Dec 20, 2012
SI
Hi

I have none or maybe little skills using OAPI and i am trying to learn it on this simple example.

With VBA and API I created a concrete coulmn with custom section and point load. Now i would like to modify geometry, material and other properties along side with point load position through my Excel-worksheet.
From this point on I see 2 ways or approaches I can use.

1: First is to delete everything and redraw my model and redefine all properties everytime anything changes on my worksheet. This is very time consuming and clearly not the way to go.

2: Second option would be, to get info from my now existing model, change only properties that i want and send them back through API.

With my trial and error attempts I saw that some things like section and material properties can be simply redefined, but for exaple if I want to extend my column, I can't just redraw it, because now i get two columns.

I colud resolve this with 1. method (by deleting just a column and redefine it) but i would like to use method no.2 (get a lenght of a column frame object from SAP200, change it and send it back to same frame object). Can someone help me with this simple example?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back