Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good steel building design book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sema79

Structural
Apr 28, 2008
US
Hey guys. I am looking for a good book on the design of steel buildings such as large wharehouses. I know the basics of steel design but have never designed anything much larger than a moment frame or small steel addition. I have the steel design book I used in college but I am looking for something a little more in depth on the components used. Possibly even a contractors type book that shows the different components in a steel structure and how to assemble them. Does anyone have a good book/reference that they can recommend?

This is just for my quest for more knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I swear by a British book, "The Steel Designer's Manual". It used to be thought of as the steel designer's bible.
It used to be published by Crosby Lockwood.

Michael.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

OH, and go to AISC's website and look at all of their guide books, there is one specifically for industrial buildings. And all other topics for that matter....

AISC design guide 7 covers industrial buildings if you're looking for that type of work specifically, it covers a lot of things that aren't shown in typical textbooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back