Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Vibrations Tutorials 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner2k

Aerospace
Jun 13, 2015
IN
Hello,
I have some rudimentary experience on Vibrations using FE. Mainly I have used Normal Modes/Eigen values to troubleshoot singular/rigid body motion errors in Nastran. I want to get myself more familiarized with different vibrations solutions in Nastran as well as some basic understanding of the physics. Any good tutorial recommendations for both? I would rather have a good tutorial where there is excellent correlation between theory & practice i.e. if a particular mode of vibration (freq response) is applicable, I would like the text/material to explain why & so forth.

I am expecting to continue in aero industry and thus I would prefer material related to that particular industry.

My current employer does not deal with vibrations at all and thus I am unable to find any good reference material. I am slowly working my way through Nastran Dynamic Analysis users guide and it is great but I feel like a material one notch below would be more appropriate for my current state.

Thanks in advance...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Concentrating on vibrational fatigue in your online research could help. It is a lot to take in, but actaully this is where you will end up after your study is complete.

Spaceship!!
Aerospace Engineer, M.Sc. / Aircraft Stress Engineer

Cool site monkeydog... There are lots of NASA sites and documents
that are directly in-line with aircraft engineering.
I came out of retirement in 2007 to work for Jacobs at NASA-MSFC
but Obama killed the program in 2010 so I'm retired for good.
G-pa Dave [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back