Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GOST flanges and Relevant gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayan2002

Mechanical
Jun 11, 2014
KZ
Dear Members,

Can anybody kindly help me? I tried to find the relevant gaskets for the GOST flanges, but there is nothing in the standard that can help me. FYI: I have the below standard:
GOST 12821- 80 for butt welded flanges and the types, connecting dimensions and dimensions of sealing surfaces are in GOST 12815-80, which there 9 type of flanges, but the non of these standards do not specify which type & size of gasket need to be used for them?
The gasket standard is:
Washers for flanged connections with medium temperature from 0° to +650°C. Design and dimension by GOST 9065-75
 ОSТ 26.260.461-99 «Steel gaskets of oval and octangular section for flanges of valves
 ОSТ 26-845-73 «Design and dimension. Technical requirements»
 АТК 26-18-6-93 «Steel gaskets of oval and octangular section»
 GOST 28759.8-90 «Metal gaskets of octangular section for flanges of vessels and apparatus»
 GOST 10493-81 «Rigin and compensating lens-shaped seals for Pn 20-100 MPa»
And even there is lens shaped seals according to GOST 10493-81.

Can somebody pleae help to find what type of gasket to be used for which flnage.
Many thanks & Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The GOST standards are for USSR/Russia, but the same reply would apply to ANSI or EU standards.

The gasket (and stub/bolt and nut) are determined by the different fluid pressure and temperature of the different designs. Not the 0-650 temperature you listed.

@racoookpe1978, thanks for reply, but what I was asking is like for 100 size flange, what is related gasket to be ordered, is there any ring no like ASME?

No. See, only the gasket size (OD, ID, thickness, tolerances) is set by the pipe nominal diameter.

For every DIFFERENT service which including EVERY different fluid pressure and temperature, a different material and style of gasket is required. Thus, there can be twelve or 16 different ring joint gaskets sized to properly fit a 100 mm PNOM GOST ring-joint flange. But only one of those 100 mm ring joint gasket is proper for YOUR service and pressure and temperature and price. A low pressure high temperature ring joint gasket for acetone will be very different than a ring joint gasket for superheated steam service or very high pressure crude service at lower temperatures.

Buying a wrong gasket is potentially deadly and could kill people. Buying a too-expensive gasket will kill your company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back