Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics issue in solid edge?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phudge

Mechanical
May 29, 2009
GB
Hey guys iv been getting this weird graphics issue, basically any lines that move or change colour (selecting a line and it turns red) will hang there a not disapear when i move the mouse.

please see the attached image to better explain my problem, what iv done here is just drawn a shape and protruded it upwards but as you can see the graphics are messed up.

any advice?

system specs:

Windows XP 64bit
Dual Quad 2.83ghz intel xeon processor
8GB ram
ATI FireGL 7600 (512mb)

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IMO they must have changed something in V20/V100 within the graphical
interface. This problem was reported before in connection with
certain Nvidia Cards
You may try (in that order):

- Options - View
unset 'Automatic selection'
1. unset (Use display lists)
(only avaliable when 'Graphic card driven (advanced' is set

2. set to 'Graphic card driven (Basic)

3. set to 'Backing Store'

and see if either setting cures that problem. Most of the time
step 1 should do

BTW: check whether a newer (or differnet driver) is available

dy

Windows XP 64-bit has known issues with SE.
What version of SE do you have installed? 32bit or 64bit?

If you don't have massive assemblies, or are not doing any complex renderings, then I recommend you load the 32bit version of Solid Edge on your 64bit box.

Otherwise, it may very well be a driver issue. There have been sporads between SE, WinXP64, and graphics - particularly ATI graphics.

The last question is if you have anything running in the background. I know that after 9/11 a lot of people had animated giffs of flags in the background. That screwed up SE (actually Windows, but it was seen in SE). I have also found issues when running BOINC in the background. I need to suspend it while working and things are fine again, although it may require a SE restart after I shut down BOINC.

--Scott

I'm on 20 but do remember very well having this problem with 18 and 19, not at all with 20. If my memory serves me, it was more due to SE having it screwed up. I remember us trying different drivers. It all seamed to disappear once we were on 20

Solid Edge V20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back