Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Graphics view is faceted and not smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oharag

Mechanical
Dec 16, 2002
US
I have an arc that creates thin domed part. When I finally extrude the sketch the resulting solid looks faceted and not smooth. I went into Options\Performance and set the level of detail to "More (slow)". I then went to Image Quality and set the shaded and wireframe quality to High (slower). I would have thought the solid surfaces would become smooth. This has not been the case.

Any thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That first image is troubling. I have an extra zero between the decimal point and first digit (0.0017xxx) when my image quality is turned up--which makes all the difference in the world when I reduce mine to 0.017 like your image shows. (Then my image looks like yours.) Perhaps there is something wrong in your system or installation? You're off by an order of magnitude. (May want to contact your VAR on this one.)

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Running SW 2007 SP 3.1 if that helps.

I just got a new computer, and a fresh install of SW.

I get my VAR involved. Thanks for the help everyone.

weird I just created a new part fresh (I received the one part from a colleague of mine in the same company). I recreated the same geometry, and it looks great!!!!! Why would a part from another SW seat not conform to my settings?

Yes CorBlimeyLimey the video card is set to Solidworks. Monitor resoltuion is 1280X1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back