Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gravity Flowmeter for condensate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think just about every process control company makes a "magmeter". Emerson, Omega, Badger, Yokogawa, Honeywell, Kronhne, etc. Just google "magmeter". I've used a ton of them, but never to measure flashing condensate in our business unit. Be sure your condensate has enough electrical conductivity to meet the minimum requirement for the magmeter you choose.

Good luck,
Latexman

Technically, the glass is always full - 1/2 air and 1/2 water.

Agree with Latexman. I will add that magmeters generally require that the pipe has to be full to measure flow. You should verify that the magmeter will handle the temperature that you are working with.

when I've had to do this, a key question to ask the vendors is what margin on vapour pressure do they need - You can get some interesting replies.... Clearly this is only possible with height, but there is no point installing something that won't work if there are even small bubbles in the liquid as it approaches the vapour pressure. If it is flashing now and not d/s of a valve, my guess it that this line is not measurable using single phase meters - You're just too close to the vapour pressure.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Dont think there is any meter that can measure 2 phase flow correctly - some vendors keep trying, till the plant owner gets tired and cancels the contract.

You may have to approach this problem from another angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back