Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Greg: did you see my last comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cibachrome

Automotive
Jan 16, 2007
US
Greg: did you see my last comment on the Riddiot forum?

Meanwhile, comments you made about the CC allocations can be traced to manufacturer religious beliefs. There are a few lost souls, but you can usually tell from test data who makes the vehicle. Honda is the best IMHO. They seem to like all their cars to feel the same. In a nutshell, their philosophy allows a base Civic model owner to graduate up the line with larger (more expensive) vehicles and be comfortable right away taking a test drive. "I'll take it !"

Others seem to hunt around, lost in the CC Forest, finally having to load up HUGE tires in order to get decent transient response. Tires that don't deliver the differential CAF/CAR ratio that have the best, dominant and least expensive price (for all involved).

I'm well on my way to getting MY CC Budget graph for the spreadsheet vehicle you indicated. Any guess as to what it is ( Civic, Solstice, S2000, 911, Opel Advantage, NSX ? If you believe the ENF data (Mz toe steer) it can't be power steering...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Cibachrome,

what is the "Riddiot forum" ?

I'm always looking for another tech forum to check out/pester. Especially if you or Greg are members.

thanks,

Dan T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back