Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gridgen Troubles with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeS

Aerospace
Jun 12, 2012
PK
Hi All

i v been working on FLUENT for making CFD simulations with the pre-processing being done in Gridgen software.

At present i was using Gridgen V15. Although now the firm has shifted to Pointwise software, i was comfortable with the previous versions so didnot move

recently i had to upgrade my PC from windows 8 to 10. while rest every thing worked, the gridgen went way too slow, taking even 10 seconds to respond to a click. tried reinstalling, checking for help... nothing on internet

As W10 has a better features than Windows 8, so am reluctant to go back... and due experience of gridgen, am somewat reluctant to move to pointwise V18 software

any help?

many thanks and regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try to install your old version GridGen to other Win10 machines. If the slowing issue persists, you may have to keep Win8 OS for your Gridgen15 application. Then you can install Win10 OS on another computer.

BTW, playing another new software is nothing lose, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back