Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Grounding of a full height rotating turnstile 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

croudk

Electrical
Oct 23, 2001
US
I recently received a request to provide grounding specifications and detail drawings for several new cantilever gates and several new full height rotating turnstiles at a power plant. I have found enough information on several options for grounding the cantilever gates, but I have found nothing on grounding the rotating portion of the turnstiles. These will be located outside, so they absolutely must be grounded for safety. These turnstiles are fairly popular in some manufacturing plants and power plants, so I'm pretty sure someone out there has had to deal with this issue before. My assumption would be that the rotating portion would have to use slip rings, but I'm not real wild about that solution. Has anyone had to deal with this issue previously and, if so, how did you effectively apply a ground?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Remember to add a regular gate nearby: There are many hand-carried loads and tools that can't get through the tiny turnstyles often used at prisons (er, power plants) .... Even a single rolling computer case is too big to get through without shuffling-sidesteps-stomach-squeezing effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back