Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group patterns - adding a feature into the leading group

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveykbelgium

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2005
BE
Does anybody know why you can't add a feature into the leading group of a pattern?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Is there a workaround?

Cheers

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Oh how I wish I could do that... easily at least.

I have been able to remove something from a group using Pro/Program, but it's a very careful process, especially if it is the last feature in the group. You need to go into the Pro/Program, cut out the bits that point to your feature, and make sure that the group's definition no longer refers to that feature, too. If it is the last feaute, one of the group tags will refer to the last feature in the group and it's feature ID. All of this has to be replaced with the new last feature.

Adding something in would likely be a similar process. You should create the feature, then try to rework the pro/program so that it falls within the group. Before doing this, bring the number of pattern instances down to one (pattern feature might not let you do this, but I've found that making a parameter and then setting this as a relation sometimes tricks Pro/E into a one instance pattern).

Good luck

Well, if no other features are referenced from the patterned features, Try this: right click the pattern in the model tree and select delete pattern. This eliminates the pattern without deleting the base feature or group. You can now easily add any features to the base group then redo the pattern. This works as long as the pattern parameters are quick and easy to redo and the patterned features aren't referenced by anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back