Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping of Features in the Model Navigator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUdesigner

Aerospace
Jun 24, 2003
US
Does Unigraphics give the user the ability to group features into a bundle in the model navigator? I would like to be able to group all of my instances into one "instance group" to declutter the model navigator.

Thanks,

Chad Richardson
DARcorporation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unigraphics NX will let you group features; go to Format->Group Features...

Select features to group and check the option to hide members.

Actually V16 allowed this.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Just a notification about "group feature".

If you delete the "group feature" everything in it goes with it. Doesn´t matter if it´s members are shown or hidden. To avoid it you have to remove the features from the "group feature" set before deleting it.

Easier method for grouping, is to highlight the features in the MNT, then right click-->group (or just highlight one feature, rt clk--> group, and pick the features to add). Good point about the deletion of group features, you must remove features from it before deleting.
-Derek

If you want to be able to declutter the model tree but still have easy access to your features, I suggest that you leave the Hide Feature Set Members box unchecked when creating your groups. If you name your groups G_group name, then you can use a MNT filter and include by name all your grouped features.

This will make it really easy to toggle between showing the Groups only and all features. You won't have to unhide, modify and rehide your features when making changes and will save time.

Michael
[yinyang]
[idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back